Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Guinea Pig a.k.a. 1st Blog Attempt

This is just a test.  I'll get to movies/music/dogs in the following posts, don't worry (to anyone who actually happens to cross this feeble attempt at blogging...). 

Here's a brief introduction.  
My name is pronounced "oona".  Most people think it's "yoona" but it's not.  I always correct people but after awhile, if they keep fucking up such a simple name, I see no point.  If they don't bother to pay attention the first 5 times I correct them, who's to say they pay attention when I talk about anything else?  In my opinion a name is an important part about a person.  If you can't bother to learn it correctly when I KEEP TELLING YOU IT'S "OONA" not "YOONA" then either you don't really give a flying shit about anything I say and I should just forget it, you're not worth the trouble, or you're extremely deaf.  

Mind you, I probably shouldn't be complaining.  My brother's name actually IS hard to pronounce and nobody gets it right. Fortunately my parents seem to have thought of this particular language barrier seeing as they're Korean immigrants to America (my brother and I were born in America).  That's why we have English middle names.  But frankly, they're not much better than our Korean names so we just stick to our given first names, no matter how complicated (and annoying) it can be to try to teach someone how to just repeat 1 sound over and over again.  


Sorry.  I'll try not to rant too much.  This is supposed to be a happy blog(...ish) celebrating the arts and my favorite animal - the dog.  
Anyways, how long is a blog supposed to be? 
My contacts are sticking to my eyeballs more than they should.  I guess I'll call it a night.  

TATA [box] for now.  YES a Biology joke.  How's THAT for a slice of fried gold?  YES a quote from 'Shaun of the Dead'.  Transition from "Me" mode to "actually blog topic" mode.  To be continued...soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment